Career Resouce Center (CRC)
Welcome to Maine West’s Career Resource Center. This site will help you find information regarding planning for after high school. Feel free to look around. If you have questions or would like to make an appointment, please contact Gilit Abraham.
The MaineWest CEEB Code is 141597.
Mark your calendars for these upcoming events!
--- College Planning Night for Students with Special Needs, October 23, 6 PM, at Evanston Township High School
--- Financial Aid Night - January 8, Maine South High School, 7:00 PM
--- Career Exploration Night - March 18, Maine South High School, 7:00 PM
Did you know there is a lot you can do this summer to get ready for the fall application "season"ω
* Research!!! - Check out different colleges and create a list of schools to which you will apply. Use your Family Connection account to help you.
* Visit - Go see some schools. There is nothing that can replace walking onto a college campus and getting a feel for the school. How does it feel to YOUω
* Essays and Personal Statement - Start these in the summer. Write your first draft - revise/edit and revise again! Bring your essays to school at the start of the year and have a teacher take a look. There are close to 500 colleges that use the Common Application (commonapp.org). Click here to see their 2013-14 essay prompts. See the "College Planning" tab of the CRC website for other tips related to writing your college essay.
* NET PRICE CALCULATORS!!! - Don't let the cost of a school be a surprise in the spring. Every acreditted school has a Net Price Calculator on their website. Some are more advanced than others in that they include GPA and ACT in the formula and let you know your merit aid/scholarship. But all will give you an idea of the cost of a school. Sit down with your parents and do these calculations for all schools in which you are interested.
* Create a resume - Brainstorm all of your activities and awards from the past few years. What leadership roles have you heldω Group them and order them by level of involvement and importance.
* Will you need a counselor or teacher letter of recommendationω Fill out the corresponding form (on the CRC home page under documents - to the right of your screen).
* If you are applying to schools that use the Common Application, you can begin filling out this application on August 1. The supplemental essays for each university will also be available on August 1.
* Scholarships - you can create a fastweb.com account and begin looking into scholarships.
Parchment (formerly Docufide) Electronic Transcript Procedures
Maine West submits transcripts electronically to colleges and universities.
Please click below to register for Parchment and to submit transcript requests electronically.
|Parchment (formerly Docufide)
|Click here to request transcripts
The link above provides you with the ability to request transcripts through Secure Transcript. Transcripts requested online are sent securely to the colleges, universities, or scholarship funds that you select.
You may track your request online, and you will also receive an email notification when we approve your transcript request, and again when your transcript is mailed (or delivered electronically, based on the delivery preference of the destination that you selected).
Click here for directions to register for Parchment.
If you are a Maine West graduate and originally registered for Docufide using your Maine West e-mail address, you will want to update your Profile in Parchment with a current e-mail address after signing in.
All males 18 years of age must register within 30 days of turning 18. Find out more about registering for Selective Service.