New School Lunch Program (NSLP)
Maine Township High School District 207 has been participating in a special federal program that allowed the District to provide breakfast and lunch to children under the age of 18 during the summer. This program ended on August 13th.
The District will begin to participate in two federal programs that will allow the District to provide free or reduced meals to students that qualify. These two federal programs will replace our current lunch program. In order for students to qualify the attached application must be completed and returned. This application is different and in addition to the fee waiver application that you may have completed earlier.
Direct Certification (Pre-Approval) of Lunch Benefits
If you are Direct Certified based on your eligibility for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF), Income Eligible Medicaid, or Foster Child Status, your child(ren) is automatically approved for free school meals. Your child(ren) will receive free meals unless you notify us that you do not want to receive these benefits. You will receive a letter/email to let you know whether you are Direct Certified.
If you do not want your child(ren) to receive free meal benefits, please fill out the Direct Certification Form and return it to the school.
Pre- Ordering with My Meal Order
As you are aware, District 207 will be starting the school year with remote learning. Quest Food Management Services is busy reopening the kitchen and making modifications to the program to ensure safe serving. The menu has been modified to comply with the National School Lunch Program and will include pre-packed meals for distribution at each school in District 207. Cold entrees will be offered.
Although there will be modifications to the “way” we serve our food during this time, we want to assure you that the quality of “what” we serve will not change. We will be preparing meals daily, from fresh, high quality ingredients that adhere to Quest’s Food Philosophy. Modifications to the way we serve are outlined below:
Quest has made modifications to ensure your meal is served in the safest and freshest way possible. Because meals will be primarily served in a remote environment, the District is using an online ordering system (My Meal Order). Below are the steps for ordering weekly meals.
- Please create an account with My Meal Order – instructions are attached below. This will allow you to select daily meals.
- Meal orders must be submitted by Thursday at Midnight for the next week.
- Each Friday your MySchoolBucks account will be charged for the meals ordered. MySchoolBucks is the existing payment program.
- It is highly recommended that the “low balance” notification is set up for your MySchoolBucks account to ensure continuous food service. Insufficient funds will result in delayed ordering and may result in your order for the next week not being processed.
- First orders will be due August 20th at midnight for meal distribution on Tuesday the 25th and Thursday the 27th.