Enrollment Process for Transfer Students
1. Officially withdraw from your current school.
- You will need documentation that you are officially withdrawn. You will be given an official withdrawal form once you do so.
- If transferring from another Illinois high school. You will be provided with the form below but we have included a copy for your reference:
2. Complete required forms (click links below for info):
- Residency Forms
- Illinois Physical Form
- Application for Free/Reduced Lunch
- Illinois Eye Examination Report – (Note: Eye exam for out-of-state transfers only)
3. Provide copies of:
- Birth Certificate
- Transcript and test scores from previous school
- Copy of IEP or 504 (if applicable)
- You will need to complete a Release of Records form that will be sent to your child’s previous school, authorizing the school to send your child’s records to Maine West
- If you believe you qualify for reduced or free lunch and books, please complete the Fee Waiver Application (see above) and bring in a copy of your most recent income taxes.
- If you were approved for a fee waiver this school year, please provide a copy of that approval
4. Bring all completed forms to the Student Services office (B102).
5. The Student Services secretaries will generate a code for you to start online registration through Info Snap (online registration tool).
6. The Student Services secretaries will make an appointment for you to meet with a school counselor within a few days.